[vc_row full_width=”stretch_row” bg_attachment=”scroll” css=”.vc_custom_1484903684446{padding-top: 46px !important;padding-bottom: 4px !important;background-color: #ebebeb !important;background-position: center !important;background-repeat: no-repeat !important;background-size: cover !important;}”][vc_column][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner][vc_custom_heading text=”Providence Sister’s {House}” font_container=”tag:h2|text_align:center” use_theme_fonts=”yes” sub_title=”Four Sisters of Providence: Sr. Mary of the infant Jesus, Sr. Mary Edouard, Sr. Remi, and Sr. Paul Miki, arrived at St. Ignatius Mission on Oct 17th, 1864. Their home was a 4-room building which housed the school, kitchen, and a place for sleeping. This Sisters spoke only French, but soon set themselves to the task of learning the Salish language.
These were the first Sisters in Montana. Their house also because the first hospital in the future state.
Today the Sisters’ House contains articles from both the Providence Sisters and the Ursuline Sisters. The Ursuline Sisters ran a boarding school at Mission, which closed in the early 1970s. ” css=”.vc_custom_1518937398552{margin-bottom: 38px !important;}” image=”2197″][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][/vc_column][/vc_row]