Our Museum

Icon Heading

The St. Ignatius Museum is housed in the original log church dating to 1854. Fr. Adrian Hoecken decided to move the Mission from Lake Pend d’Oeille to St. Ignatius at the invitation of Chief Alexander of the Kalispel tribe of the Salish peoples. The log church, which was also the home for the Jesuits, now contains the museum which contains Mission artifacts and religious goods.